Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes is the quickest and easiest way to make perfect mashed potatoes.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Potatoes:
- Cut the potatoes so they are equal in size and then they will cook the same time.
- Add the room temperature butter by mixing in 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Warm the milk and add in until it a creamy consistency.
- Salt to Taste after mashing and add more at the end if needed.
- Peel 7 or 8 medium/large potatoes. Slice into small equal pieces. Add 3/4 cup water or chicken broth and add 1 tsp salt.
- Cover with lid, then cook on medium high heat for 10 min or until you can pierce with a fork. Once the potatoes are cooked and you can pierce easily with a fork, drain the water.
- Place cooked potatoes into a bowl of your stand alone mixer (you can also use a hand mixer) then add the warm milk to your desired consistency. Finally, mix in the softened butter 1 Tbsp at a time just until blended. For a smoother consistency, blend the potatoes with your stand alone mixer or an electric hand mixer until no lumps remain. Season to taste with more salt if desired.