Many of us can get along well with others and play nice but for those who have trouble playing well with others, I find the need to post these policies.
IF YOU’RE A REGULAR COMMENTER OR A NEW MEMBER
If your comment fails to appear it may have been flagged by our moderators. So before reposting it multiple times or contacting us it possibly was flagged for spam or the reasons below.
- Use of any of the curse words and/or slurs we have on our blacklist will automatically flag a comment so it won’t appear on our site.
- Fluctuations in the space-time continuum. Sometimes things just get auto-flagged and we don’t know why.
- Comments can also be flagged for review by our readers (please do not abuse this option for other users you simply disagree with, it makes our moderation jobs a lot harder).
OTHER REASONS YOUR COMMENTS WILL GET FLAGGED OR DELETED
Personal attacks against another commenter or the writer of the post/website. This can run from name calling to sentences which include the words “people like you”. This is regardless of what “side” you’re on.
- Jokes, abusive, or hate comments on the appearance of a person (commenters, writers, and folks mentioned in an article alike).
- Hate speech or other clearly intentional jerk behavior. This includes, but is not limited to: the use of the word feminazi or comments which denigrates women, feminism or feminists, the LGBTQ community; broad imprecations or assumptions based on race; and anything that amounts to “ugh the gays,” “ugh liberals,” “ugh, fangirls,” etc.
THE BELOW THINGS WILL GET YOU BANNED WITHOUT EXCEPTION
- Hate reading. If your history of commenting makes it seem like you only visit the site to simply hate on us or disagree with whenever we publish a post involving our core themes and for no other reason, we will ban you. If we decide to change our theme even in a drastic way and you continually tell us day after day how much you hate it, that is hate reading and you will be banned.
Here at Pickled Barrel we will not think twice about banning someone. We will give a warning first. After that no exceptions you will be banned. We do have that power. It is our site our rules and definitely our decision. We don’t need anybody’s permission. What we say goes. We are not taking away your freedom of speech at all by banning you. Take your hate somewhere else. We don’t want it here.
FOR OUR DEAR SWEET REGULAR READERS
First of all, We love you!!!! Without you, we wouldn’t be Pickled Barrel. We really appreciate your love and support. If you see a commenter who is being abusive or hateful just simply flag them and move on. No need to argue with them it isn’t even worth your time or energy. It just gives a great big headache and stress that is not needed. Our moderators will see the flag and take it from there. This way there isn’t a long thread of hate and drama in the post.